Wednesday, January 21, 2015

If This is Wednesday, This Must Be Belgium... Or a New Monster Patrol Posting

That title for this Wednesday's post reminds me, sadly, that I have done only a small amount of travel outside of the US of A. The one place I did go was a doozy: The British Virgin Islands. We stayed on Virgin Gorda, the second largest island in that group. It was February, but you wouldn't know it. It was sunny and warm throughout the time we were there. We explored our island thoroughly and went to many of the other islands.

Having said that, my mind goes back to the moment when we got to the airport there. We got in a line to present our passports to the inspections folks. I handed mine to a gentleman who looked them over with dead seriousness. Then, he looked at me and asked if I had ever been to the Islands before. I told him hadn't and hoped I didn't look like a pot dealer. He paused and then he put a huge smile on his face, "Welcome to the Virgin Islands!" After that greeting, I knew I was in the right place.

Someday I'll have to tell you about my adventure at a place called the Last Resort and a game of Name That Tune with the place's evening entertainment and shotglasses of tequila.

While you wait for that tale of terror, you mght as well look at the Monster Patrol page below.

Oh, and though this winter here has been pretty mild, so far, the beach is calling to me. I'm the pale guy under an umbrella with a sketchbook. (Colette had me go to a tanning salon to get a tan. All I got was bored.) See you Saturday... I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment