Saturday, November 8, 2014

11/09/2014 -- Creepsville Resumes

Welcome back to the Laughing Reindeer Ranch. After a short break due to loads of materials posted for Halloween, I have returned (once again, very early in the morning) to continue posting material from the original Creepsville comics while I continue working on the Creepsville Collected book.

Regarding the book, some interesting print possibilities have popped up of which I will say... nothing. I'll just keep my mouth shut until a much better time, which is looking like it will be in the Spring.

As for the comics posted here, I just got done with the Robot Monster short comic story. Now, we jump into my take off on Invasion of the Saucer-Men, called "Invasion of the Martian Men." This story has a very special place in my heart. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to meet Bob Burns for an interview. For those of you who don't know who Bob is, he played Tracy the Gorilla in the Saturday morning Ghost Busters TV series of the early 70s, working alongside Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch. (This was before the Bill Murray starring classic comedy film). Bob also worked with Paul Blaisedell on the monster suits and special effects for such drive-in classics as It! The Terror From Beyond Space, It Conquered the World, The Day the World Ended, and Invasion of the Saucer Men. When we were introduced, Bob floored me, saying that Creepsville #1 was his favorite comic book of all time. In fact, Bob still owned the last existing Saucer Man mask, keeping it safely tucked into a protective clear glass box... along with Creepsville #1. The interview (combined with interview material by Steve Smith) was a cover story for Monsterscene magazine, probably still available on eBay.

So, without any further delay, here's Bob's favorite comic story. Click on the image to see the larger legible version. After you get done reading that, please head over to my house and please pick up the rest of those darned leaves in my back yard.

See you next week, kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment