Saturday, October 25, 2014

10/25/14 - Creepsville #5 Halloweenland

As is my own personal tradition, while I'm active online, I like to post the entire 5th issue of Creepsville for all to read at this time of year.

A few things first:

I put this issue out before anyone had ever heard of A Nightmare Before Christmas and well before that film's release date. Don't get me wrong, Tim Burton and company were very much hard at work on their fantastic film at the same time as I was getting lots of ink on my fingers. This is a great minds think alike situation.

Sadly, this was the last issue published of Creepsville, volume 1. The 6th issue was not finished yet and had a Christmas story. I'm very close to being done with that all these years later, and plan on having that  story plus two more as a part of my Creepsville Collected book that I have been working on. I'm eyeballing a Spring release on that, but there's still lots of work to do. As it solidifies, I will tell you all about it.

What about Creepsville Vol 2? It ran 3 issues and I find myself liking it more and more these days. At the time, I was inspired strongly by Osama Tezuka (creator of Astro Boy) and attempted to do serious stuff with funny stuff. I have a crazy idea of redrawing parts of it.. and I can't stop drawing pictures of the sinister Dr. Sardini and his Traveling Spookshow. Then, there's the pseudo-spin off series of Monster Patrol (who appeared in Big Bang Comics). The first issue is all done and the second is penciled and partially inked. I'm also still working (and having a damned good time doing so) on Agents of Peril, too. Agents can still be found on this Blog. Check the content links at the right side.

Enough notes. Time to get to the comics. Click on the images to see the larger versions. Here's Creepsville #5:
































Creepsville, its logo, all related characters, artwork and text are (c) & TM 2014 Franklin J. Kurtz. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment