Saturday, February 7, 2015

2/7/2015 -- This Week's Creepsville... and Old Man Winter Brought Me Renewed Enthusiasm

I've been in a very creative frame of mind lately.

Maybe it's the weather. When it gets as snowy as it did last week, I usually stay inside, unless there's shoveling that needs to be done. In a case like this, if Colette can't catch me, I'm writing on the 'puter and/or drawing some comics

Maybe it's also the great HERO Illustrated get together we had a couple of weeks ago. We may all have a few more gray hairs or lots less hair, and some of us have kids... but we were like the crazed bunch that we were when we were young enough to be able to stay up all night writing about comic books. We talked about all sorts of things. We remembered that we all actually still liked each other a lot. We will also be seeing each other again.

And there's Creepsville... I've been doing some coloring on those old pages drawn a long time ago. It's been a lot of fun but is also time consuming. These days, the comics biz rightfully embraced the computer for its easy use in coloring comics. I've done some coloring over the years, but I have to admit that I'm not as fast as the artists working these days who do it all time. Still, the more I do, the faster I get. I also think that the time taken will result in better final results.

I've also been exploring the printing side of this project. It seems like there are some very good possibilities in getting a high qaulity product and not selling your soul or first born child to pay for it. There's still a lot to be done, but there's also a good chance that some of the color work will pop up here from time to time.

Another good thing that's come of this project is a renewed enthusiasm for Creepsville. I thought I had already run out of ideas for the series but such was not the case. All kinds of stories have been battling it out in my brain leaving me even more excited. I'll also add that this has been the case with a few of my other creations, including Agents of Peril (it will definitely be back) and Monster Patrol, as well as a few more that you've never seen.

Let's leave it at that, with a promise to show-and-tell and tell ASAP. As usual, here's this week's Creepsville page. Click on it to see the larger legible version. Meanwhile, I've got to get back to work. Aloha.



No comments:

Post a Comment