Sunday, March 7, 2010

Creepsville Esoterica - Print Background


Back in the days when I was able to publish a print version of Creepsville, I created pieces of art that you may have seen but never realized you had.

What I mean is that I created spot illustrations, background images and character model sheets to fill empty space if needed.

For example, the piece before you now was what I called a background piece. I used this image, literally, as a background image behind the table of contents of the second Creepsville series, which I published under my Laughing Reindeer imprint. As published, I added a gray layer over the whole piece to make the text boxes jump out.

This is the first time I've just presented the artwork as a stand alone piece. One thing I do know is that you probably don't know who a lot of these characters are. The reason for that is that they were coming in future stories (I had a lot planned, to say the least).

As usual, click on the image above to see a much larger version.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the cool wallpaper. Flinch.
    I love anything with Rug-Face on it.

    ReplyDelete