Saturday, June 13, 2009

Creepsville Is Back?


I have to admit that my more recent work has not been on this wacky old comic book series, but there is a lot of unpublished material that I created that I'd like to see the light of day.

What you see here is the cover of what could have been Creepsville #7 or a stand alone Special. (Creepsville #6 was a never published Christmas story... but that's a tale for another time.) At about 40 pages, it is the longest story I ever did for the series.

I should also add that despite all that work already done, when I published Creepsville under my Laughing Reindeer imprint, I ended up not using a bit of this material. I crafted the second series of Creepsville along the lines of a serialized adventure-horror-comedy series; very influenced by Osamu Tezuka's work, particularly Astro Boy. For this second series, I redesigned a couple of the characters, most important being Rat and Percy. So, the older style stuff wouldn't work.

Years later, I'm back looking at it and thinking I should do something with it 'cuz it's actually a lot of fun. I've been scanning in the artwork for this issue and have started coloring it on the 'puter. Yes, Creepsville in color. When I feel like I have enough done, I'll start serializing on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment